How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7358
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

I am a non smoker, have my windows open permanently and live

Resolved Question:

I am a non smoker, have my windows open permanently and live in a 1st floor sheltered flat immediately over the smokers station. This causes me to cough and inhale the smoke which bothers me.
The council says they can't offer me alternative flats (Which are available) without a doctors letter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.You will have to get that letter from your GP after he or she examines you and runs a few tests like a chest x ray to see the present state of your lungs.Such a letter is only legit if provided by a doctor who has a patient-doctor relationship with you. Such a relationship can only be established once a face to face conversation and a clinical examination has been done.Let me know if you have more queries.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the star on the top of your screen.Best wishes.
Dr Uzair and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you