DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have flu symptom, fever, headache, aches all over and stomach

I have flu symptom, fever, headache, aches all over and stomach pains. My doctor has told me to take paracetomol for the pain. I cannot sleep because my head hurts so much and the painkillers are not helping. When I lie down or sit for a while my head really throbs for about 30 seconds when I stand up and I get a pain in my lower back.
HelloThis can be flu, but the head pain needs specific examination.Since symptoms are increasing, this needs to be addressed now.You can not get better pain medication without a prescription, and so I suggest you have someone take you to A&E now.Increasing head pain, with pounding, can be increased blood pressure, bleed into the brain and other serious problems, more commonly, viral meningitis.go to A&E OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.