Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I started with diarrhoea last night and can't stop it's very

I started with diarrhoea last night and can't stop it's very yellow and basically water if I rest and drink water is that enough
Simon
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidno, that may not be enough.you could still get dehydrated and have electrolyte imbalances if you continue to have watery diarrhea which doesn't get betteryou should see your GP doctor or go to the A&E and get stool testing for clostridium difficile infection which would need treatment with metronidazole antibiotic.you need blood work to check for dehydration. if you are dehydrated, you might need IV fluids.if your stool test is negative for c diff infection, then you can use anti-diarrhea medications like Imodium or prescription Lomotil to help slow down your bowels to stop the diarrhea.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have metradinazole and a stool jar so I'll do both thank you