Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Conclusion: Mildly hetrogeneous uterus raising the possibility

Conclusion: Mildly hetrogeneous uterus raising the possibility of adenomysos. What do hetrogeneous and adenomysois mean?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Heterogenous means different looking tissue from the normal tissue.Adenomyosis is a benign condition.In this condition th endometrium or the uterus lining tissue grows within the muscle layers of the uterus.The displaced endometrial tissue continues to act as it normally would — thickening, breaking down and bleeding — during each menstrual cycle. An enlarged uterus and painful, heavy periods can result.The cause is unknown, but typically subsides during menopause.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/