DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a 59 year old man who is very active but yesterday due

I am a 59 year old man who is very active but yesterday due to discovering an irregular pulse (two weeks ago my pulse rate was 42 per minute whereas now it is 78) my doctor thinks that I have atrial fibrillation. I will be referred to the hospital but I am due to go on holiday to Jamaica next week for a fortnight (8 hour flight). Except for the quick pulse I feel ok so do you think it will be safe to go?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
NoIt will not be safe to go.Diagnoses and possible treatment is needed first.A fib would not be good to let goIt can cause stroke, for example.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just wondered because i mentioned it to the GP yesterday he said go and enjoy your holiday and relax. Was this an irresponsible thing to say@
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Without an EKG and a caridology consultation, I would not do that.Please click a positive on the top of this page, that is how we are paid.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.