Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have developed diahroea (pardon the spelling of that) and

I have developed diahroea (pardon the spelling of that) and lots and lots of flatulence also ,in the last 8 days.I am 64 14 stone non smoker regular drinker,I am active ,work full time and walk my dog every morning.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is likely an infection that came from food and water.Bacterial or parasitic infection can cause persistent diarrhea.Stool tests should be ordered by your doctor to identify the infection.Meanwhile, you can try over the counter Loperamide tablets to stop diarrhea.Probiotics will help to replace the bad bacteria from intestine.Soft diet like rice, soup, bananas, toast should be considered.Please drink plenty of electrolyte rich solution to prevent dehydration.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/