Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have a boil like lump on my buttocks and dizziness and difficulty

I have a boil like lump on my buttocks and dizziness and difficulty walking due to pain in pelvis and rectum with a swollen stomach. Is there a reason for this from these symptoms and are they related.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyour symptoms may not be related.a boil lump on the buttocks could be from a blocked skin pore or infected skin cyst. you might need a course of antibiotics.dizziness can be from dehydration, excessive anxiety, lack of sleep, or other causes.pain in the rectum can be due to constipation, diverticulosis, hemorrhoids flair up.swollen stomach can be from poor diet, constipation, gas, irritable bowel syndrome, bowel sensitivity to milk lactose or gluten wheat protein.do you have a doctor you can see who can help you with these symptoms?have you had problems with constipation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached image of The boil and I have had previous staph infections could this be likely
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
those photos are very very blurry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's in an awkward place to take clear photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a Dr but they are closed as weekend and I am in a lot of pain to move I passed out last night and was sweating so thought I would ask on here as have used before and got a good response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had constipation
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
if you have had prior skin staph infection, you could have another skin staph infection.you need to see your GP doctor to get your skin culture.have you been eating a poor diet? fried foods? junk foods? this can cause abdominal bloating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I eat quite well but not as much intake recently as have felt so unwell
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a staph infection in soft tissue which spread to blood causing mssa 3 years ago and just wondered if this was going same way. I am a med student so know a bit but not enough.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
then you know the only way to know if yo have a skin staph or strep or MRSA or MSSA infection is to see a GP doctor and get a skin cultureyou might need to get that boil lanced to get the pus out and to culture the infection.you might need to go on a course of antibiotics pills and creams.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com