DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I'm a 20 year old male and I've been getting this on and off

I'm a 20 year old male and I've been getting this on and off pressured and disorientated feeling inside my head since I got infected with a virus about a month ago, whilst the virus is gone now (probably for about 2 weeks or so), the pressure, minor disorientation and a very light fever keeps coming back almost daily mostly at random, although I have noticed it more at night or when I'm in front of my computer's monitor.
I've been to 2 different GPs and the opticians to check for abnormal orbital pressure in the back of my eyes for fear of a brain tumour but i've been told they can't see anything wrong on each occasion and other responsiveness tests are normal, I haven't had a MRI scan or anything like that however. I've rarely had headaches alongside it though occasionally they happen briefly and occasionally it causes temporary pain around the back of my head. No seizures and haven't felt the need for painkillers.
Does the lack of abnormal orbital pressure mean I should stop worrying about a brain tumour? If so what are some other reasons I could be experiencing these feelings? I've worried about everything up to tapeworm cysts in my brain from living and eating out in rural Kenya for 2 weeks a few years back.
It's been suggested from the results of a general anxiety and depression test that it might be due to suffering from an anxiety disorder, and whilst it's certainly true that I've been in great stress, I wasn't really given an explanation how that's causing me this pressured sensation.
Sorry for the long questions, any response is greatly appreciated.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified clinical doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.See a neurologist. This will involve a referral from your GP. Put your request in writing and ask that it be placed in your medical chart. This will get faster action.Viral infection of the brain, even after it is resolved, can cause such syndromes.Even odd seizures disorders.It is likely that you need a temporary course of something like lamictal.You might need an MRI.You might need a spinal tap.Those decisions will be based on examination. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
ThanksSave time here and find me by request in medical any day of the week. Use "for Dr. thiomas only" in the title.Ask, "Dr. Thomas, I have a new question." Use a long request lock.See my request link below. I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.