Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am 65 years of age and have just found spots of blood on

Customer Question

I am 65 years of age and have just found spots of blood on my knickers and on toilet paper due to go on holiday on Monday what should I do
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That means the blood is coming from the anal area.Hemorrhoids are the most common cause.Painless bleeding is likely due to the internal hemorrhoids.You should follow a high fiber diet.You can observe this for now since this is only trace bleeding.Usually stops by itself.However if this continues even after a week, then colonoscopy is recommended to check for polyps etc.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/