Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My jaw sometimes feels weird like its stiff or something

my jaw sometimes feels weird like its stiff or something especially at the sides
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you please let me know since how long are you having this problem?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it been going on for a while now i cant give u an exact date and i only had to take anti malaria drug for malaria
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.Sorry for asking a few more questions but can you please let me know which antimalarial medication you are on?What is your age and gender?Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i can really remember the name right now and i am 17 and female
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Have you been in a lot of stress recently?Are you an anxiety prone person or a laid-back type of a person?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a bit more anxiety than laid back and yes i have been stressed lately due to upcoming examz
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.I think that the symptoms i.e. jaw stiffness that you are experiencing are due to tense or stiff muscles as a result of anxiety or stress which will improve in due course of time as your stress lessens.So I would not worry a great deal.This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards