Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am itching all over-skin is warm. Mainly ankles thighs and

Customer Question

I am itching all over-skin is warm. Mainly ankles thighs and arms.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.How long has this been bothering you?Do you have any chronic medical problems?Are you taking any chronic medicines?
I had asked for some further information and have not heard back. The most common cause of diffuse itching is an allergy or other sensitivity. If the itching has been resent for a short duration, then this would be more likely. In that setting it would be appropriate to try an oral antihistamine to see if it helps ease the itching. If the itching is a chronic problem, it could be related to a skin problem, such as dry skin or a dermatitis. It also can be due to certain systemic conditions, such as liver or kidney disease. It also can occur as a side effect to medicines. If I can provide any further information, please let me know.