Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I woke up this morning and both sides of my mouth are very

Customer Question

I woke up this morning and both sides of my mouth are very crusty. The left side has a thick yellow crust and it hurts to talk. I have a tiny blister in the middle of my top lip and the whole upper lip is discoloured with little yellow bumps under the skin.
Any idea what it could be? Its rather sore
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Do you have a picture or two that you could share with me on here.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if the website is working. I try to upload a pic and it takes me to a different page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's another
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More...
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I will respond in a moment.I am having a look at the pictures.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.With the pictures that you have sent me, it seems most likely to be what is called as angular stomatitis or cheilosis. This can have many causes:Dribble of saliva causing eczematous cheiltiis, a form of contact irritant dermatitis.Dry chapped lipsProliferation of bacteria (impetigo), yeasts (thrush) or virus (cold sores).In your case the most likely cause of angular stomatitis seems to be impetigo which causes tiny bumps that you are experiencing.I would recommend applying over the counter topical antibiotic creams like fucidin (fusidic acid) polysporin or neosporin.It should improve in a few days time.This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards