Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Me and my ex boyfriend were in March. We were definitely

Customer Question

Me and my ex boyfriend were sexual in March. We were definitely sexual on the 18th March and I got my period on April 16th so I definitely am not pregnant from the 18th am I? I am not sure but I might have been sexual with him on the 30th March which is bang on the fertile days. I did get my period on the 16th April so if I was pregnant would this period have been stopped or could the pregnancy things such as fertilisation etc happened just after my period as it takes 2 weeks doesn’t it. Could I be pregnant? We have never had sex, its more him putting/rubbing his penis near my vagina without a condom on. He said he has never ejaculated but I still freak out. But even if he did release sperm into my vagina on the 30th would my period on the 16th April have been be stopped or would pregnancy start after my period ended? How does this work? I am freaking out to be honest. I also have other health problems with my digestive system in particular bloated stomach. I know that the stomach is not to do with pregnancy but it makes me paranoid etc. I am worried, I don't think we did anything on the 30th but please can you explain how pregnancy works. 30th March is bang on my fertile day and pregnancy happens 2 weeks latelydoesn't it, and my period came 2 weeks later so I wondered if my April period would have been stopped or if pregnancy could have happened/can happen straight after this period has happened. Assuming he ejaculated inside me on the 30th is pregnancy possible, do I need to wait until May's period. Please can you explain how it all works in detail like pregnancy with fertile days and link to period like in my case, period coming 2 weeks later so it seems like that day = good chance of pregnancy. I am freaking out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My main illness is my digestive system. I have acid reflux which I have been given Ranitidine 150mg tablets for, 2 to be taken a day, 1 in the morning and 1 in the night. Apart from watching what I eat I guess there isn’t much I can do to help stop the pain/feeling blocked in my oesophagus. Or is there something I can do about it? How long will it take to heal? less than br/ greater than less than br/ greater than I have been quite constipated for 2 months now and have a bloated stomach which has been bloated for 2 months. I went to the doctors twice and they both felt my stomach and said I have gas in there. I was thinking it could be IBS and the doctor agreed. I was given Fybergel mebeverine sachets which are especially for IBS but they have not been helping me. I think they are more for abdominal pain. I don’t have that, mine is bloated, full of gas and I am constipated. I am not sure what medication to use. I spoke to another doctor and they said to take a probiotic and use a laxative for about a week to poo regularly and it should get the gas to go? Will the gas go if I do this? Which laxative is better for me, the original Fybergel or Movicol? I took 1 Movicol sachet yesterday. I am taking this probiotic 1 a day before breakfast, started yesterday: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZVD8NT6/ref=s9_simh_gw_p121_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=72K6X1HC9BTYKQQV781K&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=867551787&pf_rd_i=desktop Do you think it will help? How many shall laxative sachets should I take a day and how often do you think I need to poo. I last pooed on Friday morning but I think the original Fybergel helped with that which I took the night before I pooed. Yesterday I had 1 small tiny poo, not pellets but a normal poo like rabbit dropping size. How do I get rid of this gas in my stomach? It is distressing me and I just want it to go and am not sure how to get it to go. The last doctor I spoke to said take a laxative for a while and get regular bowel movements and that the gas should go. Is this true? And then I need to watch what I eat. What should my diet be like? I am confused as some say high fibre is bad. From reading online it seems like my digestive system is not functioning properly and undigested food is going into the large intestine and releasing acid and gas. It is then staying there, maybe poo is getting stuck in my colon. I am worried about having a serious problem. I am not sure where the acid/gas in stomach is coming from, it’s complicated as I have acid reflux too. I want to solve the constipation and gassy stomach issue as it cannot be healthy. I want to have regular bowel movements as it cannot be good to be like this, I am scared of having a serious illness from it like colon cancer or something else. I kept farting yesterday and the day before, not sure if that’s good or bad but no reduction in gas/acid in stomach. How do I get rid of the gas and constipation, what should my diet be like and how often should I eat, do you think I have IBS? Is there anything more I can do to help the acid reflux? l I would appreciate it very much if you give me a very detailed response to my queries. less than br/ greater than Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iam feeling awful because I do not know what is wrong with me, I sometimes feel like myback hurts from bending and my stomach feels a little heavy. I am feeling very stressed and anxious about all of this especially because I do not know what it is ,there are so many things linked to the digestive system. Please help!
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Do you want to discuss your situation over the phone?If yes, please accept the premium offer and I will call you to discuss your problem.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. Can we please just talk over chat. And I forgot to mention that I am weeing very often too since a few days ago, I have been very anxious sometimes which creates frequent urine but I am worried. My whole digestive system seems messed up and its been like this for about 2 months, It is making me very depressed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the doctor you have referred me to have excellent knowledge in both or is it better if these are 2 seperate questions: pregnancy and digestive system? When will I get a reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm submitting the period part to another doctor so its not confusing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But if you have knowledge on pregnancy/periods please do respond to that query, 1 opinion is better than 1. Thankyou very much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today I have started to feel crampy, never felt crampy.Abdominals under chest bones feel achy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hope its not signs of pregnancy too
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
It is unlikely that you are pregnant with the symptoms that you are mentioning.You could be having a urine infection though with your symptoms.Feeling crampy could be due to the increased amount of stress that you are going through.So all in all does not seem likely to be anything serious or anything to worry about.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know a lot about pregnancy ? If the guy did ejaculate inside me without a condom on the 30th March would my April 16th period still have come or not?And will my other issues be answered by another doctor through this chat or shall I submit another question separately?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
When was the last time you had your period?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I mean first day of your last period?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
16th April. 30th March was probably fertile day as its 2weeks before period. Would that period have been stopped or could pregnancy stuff start after that period?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I definately can't be pregnant from something that happened on 18th March can I because April period came right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep feeling crampy today,I am going crazy with being depressed and feeling crap from digestive problems, scared of pregnancy.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
If you had a period on 16th, then you are not pregnant as pregnancy is not possible with periods. If you were pregnant you would not have had the period on the 16th.To be sure and to put your mind to ease you can have a home pregnancy test done. Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right hand corner before we proceed.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But what if the pregnancy stuff started right after my period has finished because it all happens 2 weeks after sex etc. And 30th March- April 16th is like 2 weeks scale.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Can you please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end before I proceed in answering further questions.I would answer all your questions after you rate me.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I rated you. Can you answer my question please
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Since you had your period on 16th March, your fertile days would be around the 30th of April.So you cannot be pregnant at the moment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But 30th March was fertile. What about if it takes my body a bit longer than 2 weeks for pregnancy things to start and it started after my period had finished? How does this work? If I got pregnant from 30th March would my April 16th period have definately not have come? Please explain to me. Do you know a lot about pregnancy and periods?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes you would NOT HAVE had your period on the 26th of March, that is for sure.Yes I know a lot about pregnancy and periods.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And no fertile days would be 30th March as that is 2 weeks before expected period.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But after how many days does the period get stopped if its due 15th ish of April and had sex on 30th Marxh which is 2 weeks ago. How does it work?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Fertile days are calculated by subtracting 14 from the first day of your last period i.e. your period was on 16 so your fertile days would be around the 2nd of April which would also include 30th of March as well as two to three days after 2 April.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am talking about the April period not March one
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You should also remember that with each appropriately timed intercourse in the fertile days there is only 30% chances of getting pregnant. So even if you did have sex in the fertile days there is no 100% chance of getting pregnant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are not answering my quesrion in terms of April period. 30th march was fertile for me. How long does it take for the period to be stopped from sex when your period is due in 2 weeks time
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
If you had a period on 16th April you cannot be pregnant now because you have not reached your fertile days for April which would be around the 30th of April.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
If you do not have your period in May (for instance your next expected period in May is on the 14th of May and you do not have it, then I would suspect that you are pregnant)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about if I am pregnant from 30th March and April period but May's doesn't from 30th March. Is that possible? My friend said it happened to her. Her next period came and 1 after didn't.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
If you are pregnant from 30th March yo uwould have definitely not had your April period, which you did have on the 16th.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But what about my friend's situation. Is there no way i could have got pregnant from 30th march but pregnancy process started once my period had finished
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
No that is not possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why not? How many days after sex does periods get cancelled etc? Why is it not possible like how does it work between sex on a fertile day and periods due 2 weeks later? Im scared incase the pregnancy process started just after my periods had finished or during my periods.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Around two weeks after sex there should be no periods.You are not pregnant.It is your anxiety that is getting the better of you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But what if pregnancy stuff started on the 18th or something as my periods dont last many days??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
???