Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I had the flu 4 weeks agonow and I don't know if it's related

Hi, I had the flu 4 weeks agonow and I don't know if it's related but I've had terrible neck and shoulder pain since then. I have a dull ache all over my upper back, neck and shoulders with a burning pain right between my shoulder blades. It almost feels like my head is too heavy to be held up all day. It improves in the morning but is bad again by evening. Voltarol gel had helped this week but says to only take for a week... Should I be worried over this pain and what is it likely to be?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question StephanieThis appears to be mostly muscularThe flu might have triggered it but I am not overly worried by these symptomsIt sounds more like muscle fatiguelet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com