Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

HiI'm a Classical Musician in a BBC Orchestra and every

Customer Question

I'm a Classical Musician in a BBC Orchestra and every year we have 4 Concerts at the Proms in London.
These concerts are televised and the shots are more often than not, of your hands when playing.
I was diagnosed last year with Lichan Planus. I get loads of REALLY REALLY Itchy spots that actually keep me awake when it flares it. I try SO hard NOT to scratch..but it becomes impossible and that leaves more red spots on the scratch site.
I even have to resort to putting Ice Lollies on the itchy patches just to get some relief! (and sleep!)
I was given a course of Steroids last Summer by the specialist at the Nuffield in Glasgow, which worked a treat! For the 1st time my scalp didn't itch and in fact ALL the Itching went away! It was BLISS!
But he did mention it would flare up again..and it has!
I have loads of spots on my Back, Bum and Legs..
I'm worried about them ALL but most worried about the ones on my hands. They look horrible and worried about them being seen on tv!
They seem to be incredibly red and just won't shift!
I have been putting on the Dermovate Ointment and gloves overnight to see if that helped ..but nope!
Can I send you some pictures please?
I'm hoping there is another level of treatment that I could try....?
I was using Eumovate Ointment for 5 years before moving up to Dermovate last year.
My Scalp too is ALWAYS RED AND ITCHY ...Using CLARELUX 500 ..but again ..that don't seem to work!
Any help/advice would be so good..
Dave Lyons BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 11 months ago.
do you have a pic?
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi ..Dr Phil..Thanks for the reply..
As I put my Job and Name in the Question..is it possible to keep this all private?
Clicked on the add files button ..but not letting me add pictures! Grrrr
Dave
Yes it is. I will close it when were done
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
...also same kind of spots on feet, legs, bum, back, and Itchy Red Scalp!
The BEST thing that has happened was getting the Steroids last Summer!
Was Itch free for the 1st time in ages! Had THE best Summer Holiday!
Don't know how often you can be prescribed Steroids..but they worked a TREAT!
Have been given ..Eumovate, Betnovate Scalp Application..and most recently Dermovate and Clarelux 500..
Really hoping there is a next level to try to get rid of these unsightly red spots and the constant Itching! ..
If you need more Pictures from the rest of me..I'll need to get my Girlfriend to take them ...
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me! #
Davy x
is it itchy?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
On my Hands?
No ..
Everywhere else YES! Especially Scalp!
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 10 months ago.
Then I don't think it is lichen planusit would be itchy on the hands
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ah ..Ok ...My Dad when he was alive had Psoriasis pretty badly...Could it be that?
yes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi.. Sorry, Do I have to pay more money get advice?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry..missed out the word 'to' get advice....
No you are ok
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Sorry, was thinking you might have sent a message re what next could be done?
I'm I just in a queue? or is that it ?
David
I would get a skin biopsy