Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am 32 and in good shape. I work out daily. I recently

Hi. I am 32 and in good shape. I work out daily. I recently took a trip and afterwards I have been having trouble with my left ankle. I did walk a good deal but considering my usual work out regime, it was not extreme. I did walk in heels quite a bit. The trouble I am having is that my skin almost feels tight on the lower back ankle on my left leg. When I bend my ankle it almost feels as if there is grinding. It is not severe pain but there is discomfort. The sensation almost feels internal. There is no visible breakage on the skin at all, nor lumps or bruising. I returned from the trip nearly three and a half weeks ago.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
I think you have achilles tendinitisThis is common after walking in heels.The strain on the achilles tendon is a result of walking in heelsYou will likely need to be very careful with thisyou can tear the tendon with too much activityI recommend1)ice2)rest3)anti inflammatories like ibuprofen4)no working out.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com