Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Im a male 60 yrs old, fingers in both hands get sore

hi im a male 60 yrs old, fingers in both hands get sore in the cold , is it poor circulation or something else iv worked in construction 40 yrs
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Your symptoms only appear at cold exposures only.Hence that suggests your blood vessels are narrowing in exposure to cold resulting in compromised blood flow to the fingers.This is also known as Raynaud phenomenon.The blood vessel narrowing can be prevented by the warm clothes.Medications like amlodipine can be used daily to prevent such incidents.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/