Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My daughter had a minor head and neck injury at college last

Customer Question

My daughter had a minor head and neck injury at college last week, during a dance routine a larger member of the group fell across the back of her neck and her head made contact with the floor. She said that her vision became blurred. She was unable to move her neck. The college sent her to A&E where she was seen by a doctor who felt round her head and neck and said there were no major injuries, and that she should take pain killers. A week later the nausea has increased with her being physically sick on a few occassions and her vision is still somewhat blurred, although she can now move her neck a little more her head is still painful. Is this quite normal, or should,we return to the doctors or A&E?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.With what you are describing she most likely had a concussion and these symptoms that she is experiencing are because of the concussion.It will most likely take two to four weeks for these symptoms to go away completely.I would, however, have liked that she should have had a CT scan of her brain just to be on the safe side.Therefore I would recommend that she be seen in the A&E again and have a CT scan done just to be on the safe side even though I believe that it is going to be normal and these symptoms are most likely due to a concussion.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right hand corner when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards