Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Good day Sir/Madam Im writing my daughter whose 15 months

Customer Question

Good day Sir/Madam
Im writing my daughter whose 15 months old. It's been now two weeks that she has been throwing up milk. In between I stopped milk for almost 10days .today I gave her some porridge in the breakfast but she threw up in 15 minutes. I went to the GP twice. She checked her ears mouth and chest . There was no sign of any infection. She said it could be milk allergy or Stomach Inflammation. My daughter has lost weight dramatically. GP said wait for another week.I want to wait anymore as it has been two weeks or more . kindly advice me.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidshe could be allergic to cows whole milk.I take it you are not using bumped breast milk in her diet at this point.I would try her on soy milk or almond milk if she is eating solid food like porridge already.if she didn't throw up in the 10 days you didn't give her milk, then this can be a sign she is not tolerant to cows milkand you may have to raise her on other milks like soy milk or lactose free milk or almond or cashew nut milk which are all very good and tasty as well and can give her some nutrients and protein.let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you sir for your reply.i will definitely try soy or almond milk. If I have any other concerns can I get back to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My daughter been having on and off fever as well which seems ok for two days.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
low grade fevers? that can be a sign of viral infection which can cause upset stomach.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir I thought you are In Uk
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I'm in the USAI just tried to call you.answering machine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry sir couldn't answer your call
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I have to see a patient now.would you like to tell me a time that would work better for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for any inconvenience. Yes sir you can call after three and half hours.i have to go now and pick up my son. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
ok