Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My wife has severe neck and shoulder pain . She is unable to

Customer Question

My wife has severe neck and shoulder pain . She is unable to move . Her shoulder keeps going into spasm .
What should I do please?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Considering that her pain is severe, I would recommend taking her to the emergency for immediate treatment of her pain and the cause of her pain can be established later on.It could be arthritis in the shoulder or could be a pinched nerve in the neck causing pain in the shoulder among other things.I would strongly recommend taking her to the emergency because of the severity of her pain for which she will likely require strong prescription medications.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end at the top right hand corner.Kindest regards