DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a chtonic -1 year on/off fungal infection in between

Customer Question

HI, I have a chtonic -1 year on/off fungal infection in between my last 2 digits on my left foot. Have tried lamas 5 day course-
Local applications of Dacktacort.
Keeps returning even after a little excerise
Not looking healthy now.
Very tight space between digits and no air getting to that area.
Wat else can I do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Jacuzzi makes it worse -so shall stop that- there is a smallpain sometimes with a slight urge to scratch .
Fotos sent also
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiThis needs to be swabbed and sent to the lab.It is not a situation for self treatment at this point.A 5 day course of anti fungal is not adequate in many cases, and a 2 week course might be required.I will be glad to look at a picture here as well,. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get this service thru yourselves or do I need to go my own GP for the swab.
I am using talcum powder to keep it dry which is helping.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
This is not a practice.We answer questions only.