Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I had a meningioma in 1963. years now at night - normally

I had a meningioma in 1963. For some years now at night - normally before falling asleep -I have a rather painful jerking/spasm in my right ankle (the meningioma was on my left)
This does not happen every night but can go on for a number of consecetive nights
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This can be related to the meningioma location.The muscle spasms can be a manifestation of partial seizures.Or this can be due to the local nerve problem causing muscle spasms presumably due to the muscle fatigue from standing or working.You should see a neurologist for further evaluation.Musle relaxant like Flexeril can be tried.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/