Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Im a 34 year old male . i went to my gp today cause i have

hi im a 34 year old male . i went to my gp today cause i have a lump inside my testicle . it is very hard and takes up most my testicle not srotum . he called the local hospital and they will do an ultra sound scan on me at 1030 in the morning . when i came home this evening i noticed after i urinated there was tricles of blood which followed my urination . seems tat everything i read online points towards testicular cancer . I am very anxious here and just wondering could it be possibly something else or if not wat is procedure for testcular cancer ??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
also lump was painful
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. I am sorry that you are having these problems. You are correct that the most worrisome condition in this situation would be testicular cancer. However, yes, it possible that this could be something else, such as an infection or a hemorrhage into the testicle. Any of these conditions can also cause blood in the urine, because the drainage from the testicles enters the urethra through the prostate. If this is found to be testicular cancer, then the usual treatment is a combination of surgical removal of that testicle and possibly chemotherapy to treat potential spread of the cancer. It is worth noting that while any cancer diagnosis is concerning, testicular cancer is one of the cancers that we typically are able to achieve very good cure rates. So, even if this is cancer, the proper response is to assure timely treatment, but there is a good chance that it will be able to be cured. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks to reply the lump came on me nearly 3 weeks ago i drive for a living so i put it down to i injured it by wearing tight trousers cause pain first came at end of my shift but just alarm bells were ringing when doctor personally phoned the hospital to get me in asap .also you mentioned it could be an infection is it a silly question for me to ask wat type of infection so i can check out do i have these syptoms also can tescular cancer start at other parts of my body as 8 months ago i had a lump in my close to my lymp node in my neck i went to my hospital over this but after i was in waiting room it seem to go away and the doctor told me it was probably food stuck and never examined me . But i have noticed it come and go around tat time but lately it was not a cause of concern
An infection of the testicle is called an orchitis, and it is also possible for an abscess to form in the center of an infection causing a lump. Testicular cancer would not truly start in other locations in the body, but like any cancer, it can spread to other locations in the body, which is called a metastasis. If cancer does spread to other locations, it typically stays and progressively grows, so any lump or lymph node that was only transiently enlarged would not be a metastasis.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok i noticed infection could be a sti . i noticed my semen was watery and more yellow in colour for maybe a week or two before lump came possibly signs of chlamidia or gonnerhia or could cancer do this also??
A change in the semen is possibly due to infection. A cancer in the testicle would typically not cause these changes in the semen. Although the sperm in the semen obviously comes from the testicles, the actual percentage of ejaculate volume that comes from the testicles is quite small. The bulk of the fluid in the ejaculate comes from the prostate and seminal vesicles. So, the potential impact of a growth in the testicle to affect the semen is minimal. A germ from an infection, though, could spread to the prostate or seminal vesicles.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok listen thanks for ure advice and help at least now im not as anxious tat its defiantly cancer and tomorrow i will get checked with a skan so hopefully its not major
You are most welcome. I am glad I could be of assistance. Let me know how the ultrasound turns out. Please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
will do
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.