Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My name is ***** ***** sister in law has parkinsons, and suffers

Hi my name is ***** ***** sister in law has parkinsons, and suffers with restless l really want to be able to see if there is anything that will help her, I have seen sprays on Amazon
but would like to know that I am not harming her in any way. It would be lovely to hear from a real Doctor how to advise. Many thanks Helen
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI think you mean restless legs.This can be part of the parkinson'sYou should not add something off of the internet.You should ask her doctors to adjust, or change her medications.In fact parkinson's meds are among the best treatments for restless legs, if dosed and use properly. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you the answer is just common sence really I will relay your answer to my sister in law
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes this is correct.Please click a positive rating.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
There is some new evidence that riding a bike for 30 minutes per day can help with symptoms of parkinsonsThis includes RLS type symptoms.I would try that.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloShe should not start riding a bike without medication adjustment from her doctorlThis could be dangerous.Do not inplament that yourself.I am a double board certified US doctor.I will always give you safe and correct answers.find me, Dr. Thomas, as needed.
An exercise bike at home is ZERO risk.She can sit on an exercise bike no problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for the information given your answers make sense and I will pass on your advice.
Helen McDermott
you're welcome :)please don't forget a positive rating for me. I appreciate it
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States