Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have had my shoulder and collarbone xrayed after injury only

Customer Question

I have had my shoulder and collarbone xrayed after injury only the shoulder xray has came back so far which stated a low grade tear acj I do have small bump there but where my collarbone connects to sternum there it is sitting higher than the other side and feels and looks out of place I am getting a sharp pain at the back of my shoulder blade and my shoulder is lopsided very weak and unstable with grinding/clicking my gp has said this is a mild sprain and will heal itself but I feel as if it more than a mild sprain and would a mild acj tear cause the collarbone to sit so far out of place at the sternum
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only time I get any sort of relief is when I support my arm should it be in a sling
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
I agree with youYou are right on point here ChrisAre you in the medical field?I agree on two things1)it should be in a sling2) you need further imaging to make sure there isn't a more serious tear like a CAT scan or MRI
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No medical experience are you aware of anything that would cause the collarbone to sit out so much at the sternum it feels as if the collarbone is twisted causing it to sit out
It could be dislocated as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is a collarbone dislocation different from a acj tear
Yes it could be dislocated from the sternum and dislocation is different from a tear