Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've taken 4 X 30/500 cocodamol by mistake in one go along

Customer Question

I've taken 4 X 30/500 cocodamol by mistake in one go along with my regular dose of 10mg diazepam I usually take 2 X cocodamol 4 times a day in 4 hour intervals so I've done my dose for the day but the last 2 without a 4 hour interval as soon as I realised I tried to make myself sick will I be ok? I've been on this dose after a car accident prescribed by my gp for 5 years
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You have developed good tolerance since you are on these medications for 2 months.4 tabs of co codamol will not cause any significant symptoms.Drowsiness, stomach discomfort may be experienced.You can skip your next dose.Should be fine.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've actually been on the dosage of 150mg sertraline, 8 X 30/500mg cocodamol a day and 10mg of diazepam for 5 years this must be having an effect on my liver. I'm in pain from 13 major surgeries to my leg and back but i don't drink alcohol at all and haven't since being on this medication I just get overly concerned when you see people dying of prescription med overdoses. Fortunately I quit the zopiclone they prescribed me....
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Co Codamol has ain it --that is a high dose of acetaminophen which can affect your liver.Instead of co codamol, a stronger opiate like hydrocodone can be used to spare the side effects from acetaminophen.