Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Should my daughter get the second hpv cervical vaccination

Customer Question

Should my daughter get the second hpv cervical vaccination shot after having 2 courses of antibiotics
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.there is nothing stopping her at all from getting her vaccination.Antibiotics will not interfere.And certainly not after finishing the antibiotics. If you have other concerns about the vaccine, I always recommend that parents get the package insert, or look it up on line and read the side effects....etc. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question Imelda.Generally it is a good idea to wait to get a vaccination until an active infection is resolved.Was the infection resolved when she got it?how is she feeling now?