Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am concerned I may have a heart problem. Recently I have

Customer Question

I am concerned I may have a heart problem. Recently I have been feeling nauseous, my appetite has diminished and I feel tired nearly all the time. I am on Amlodinpine and Lizinopril for hypertension and my BP reading this morning was around 125/75.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Angina and acute coronary syndrome present with moderate to severe chest pain usually radiating to the left side or the jaw, breathlessness, anxiety, cold sweats, low blood pressure, palpitations etc. Having said that, these symptoms may or may not be present at the same time. You are 63, hypertensive and are male and if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, you should have an ECG done at the urgent care or an ER without a second thought. Nausea, tiredness and low appetite are not symptoms of any acute heart problem. Heart failure can have these features sometimes but there are other more frank symptoms in that case.The best course of action to achieve peace of mind in your case, is to get an ECG and a cardiac evaluation done in the Urgent Care or the ER.Let me know if you have any concerns or queries.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.