Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Slight burning sensation when urinating Swollen lump inside

Slight burning sensation when urinating
Swollen lump inside vagina underneath the urethra
When urinating it's a lot each time but clear and normal discharge
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.How is your urine frequency? I mean are you passing urine more frequently than normal?Do you have a picture of the swollen lump that you could send me on here by any chance?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It feels like I need to go more often.
Have no picture
But it just feels like the inside of my vagina is swollen underneath my urethra
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.It seems likely that you are having a urine infection from the symptoms that you are mentioning i.e. burning and increased frequency. I would recommend that you should have a urinalysis done to have a look as to rule out/rule in an infection, for which you will require an antibiotic.The most common cause of swelling inside the vagina is a Bartholin's cyst that can be very small or large and if infected this cyst can also cause pain and discomfort.I would recommend that you be seen and be examined to have these possibilities considered and be treated accordingly.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end at the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
For a urine infection you can take Ciproxin 500 mg twice daily for five to seven days.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure that if is a Bartholin cyst at it is located inside my vagina, rather than on the sides as I have seen on picture diagrams. Is there anything I can take to reduce the swelling?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I think that the antibiotic that I mentioned will help with any kind of infection (which is the most likely possibility).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it contain any penicillin?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
No it is a quinolone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you will I be able to take it while working as a flight attendant. As sometimes we are subject to random drug testing
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes you will be able to take it as a flight attendant.There is no risk as this antibiotic is not tested for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcomePlease rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards