DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My name is***** used to have flawless baby skin. Not

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** used to have flawless baby skin. Not until I developed one big pimple which causes hyperpigmentation. I then went for 10% glycolic peel and thats when nightmare started. Left side on my face around the nose area started to have "white bits" but it is definitely not milia. It can be removed by simply scratching it using fingers. Everyday I got this in new different place but it is just on the left side of my face around the nose area. It didnt get any better no matter what I use. I dont know is it the peel causing it or is the products that i am using causing it as I have changed my facial products. But this is bothering me as the redness starting to make me to avoid going out. The other part of my face is perfectly fine. It is just always this area. I dont know what it is. It is not acne or milia. I just hope someone can help me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is something like this. White bits like "pus?" But not really. It has been on going for a month and I cant stand it anymore. Sometimes it gets better sometimes it gets worst.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I think some part of the right side is getting affect as well. Only small part but I am a bit afraid it is going to spread across my face.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Products that I am using are
1. Oat to wash my face (I have to say that I have been washing my face using the rotten oat and I just realise it 2 days ago, i am afraid this might be one of the cause as well? But i am now using new oatmeal)
2. Avene skin recovery cream, thermal spring water, redness relief protecting cream
3. la roche-posay nutritic intense riche
4. Korean products
5. Aloe vera gel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once the "white bits" is removed by scratching, it will left my skin red. Then i would apply ice on it and the korean products to calm it down. And then apply a refining cream throughout the day and it will gets better. Then the next morning, new "white bits" appear again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just hope that u can really help me as it started to affect me psychologically. I am grumpy and avoiding to go out. I would cry because of this. I just want to know what causes it and how to get rid of it by not affecting other part of my skin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Update: now I just realise it is not just only the nose area but also Affecting part of my cheeks but it is not very obvious.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And it is not itchy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Omg. New update. Today skin condition is the worst i dont know why. First, more white small "pustules?" is coming out. I try to not scratch them away as they look red afterwards. This is the worst of all. Started to spread to my mouth area. not much of them but they are there.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hithis is acneStop using all of the produce.Use an ivory soap scrub once a daySee a dermatologist for a retinoid medication.This should clear this up quickly. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But it comes and go really quickly? Like within a day? And more just pops up? They dont feel like acne to me cause they just kinda go away after a day? Then other part just sorta popping out again? can it be allergy?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is acne behavior.It can be from many factors: irritation from the environment, hormones, diet, and what you are putting on your skin.See the doctor, stop putting all that stuff on your skin.please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So this is an allergy that causing acne-like behaviour? It just suddenly happens in these 2 days :( i just hope they dont cause any scarring. The redness will go in the nexy day but more white bits will come again in other area. Is retinoid enough? Or do i need any other topical agent ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
No necessarily allergy.Contact sensitivity to various items, as only part of the problem. As I said above.I have also said, an ivory soap scrub once a day, and see a dermtologist.A retinoid is only one of many choices, but a good on. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. I will try to see dermatologist as soon as possible. Thanks tho! :)
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I have not seen a positive rating.We are only paid per rating.Please do that.You are welcome.Find me anytime.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, i just noticed my skin this morning got worst. It is red and itchy. But when i go out and get some air, it kinda calm down a bit. But it felt tight and with some tingling sensation. Is it normal?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It is going to vary, yes.Please, a positive rating. We can not provide this service without them.The scale is at the top of the answer page on the right.If you have problems with this, let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just wondering why my skin got cleared suddenly even i did nothing but then the condition return again yeaterday and got worst today? Can you tell me why?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiThis is exactly how acne acts.It might clear up on its own. It can related to hormone fluctuations, etc.You need to see a dermatologist at this point.If you want me for more answers, please start a new post in medical and say "for dr. thomas only" in the title.Use a long request lock.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He said this is acne and prescibe me epiduo gel to apply once every other day