Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

To you. I had an infected tooth.(tooth next to my top front

Customer Question

Hi to you. I had an infected tooth.(tooth next to my top front teeth) I had root canal treatment completed on the 20th of this month. I went back on the 26th to him because I was still in pain. He prescribed metronizadole and amoxicillin combined. I am taking paracetamol to ease the pain. It is worse at night time. Could it be a cracked root ? What should be me waiting time for an extraction(as a last resort) Thanks in advance. Steve.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.There are two possibilities:Persisting infection, which will be helped by the antibiotics that were prescribed to you.Inadequate root canal treatment which may need to be revised to make sure it is done properly. You will require a tooth x-ray or an orthopantogram to see if the root canal treatment has been done appropriately or not (it will be clearly shown on the x-ray whether the doctor left some part of the root unfilled or unobturated).Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end at the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards