Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and have come out in a rash on my

Customer Question

Hi I'm 24 weeks pregnant and have come out in a rash on my inner thighs, it is not itch but just very sore to touch almost like sun burn. Is this normal during pregnancy?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Do you have a picture to upload?Any sore rash should be examined by your doctor soon.There is risk of cellulitis --a bacterial infection of the skin layers.That will require antibiotic after confirmation.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes this is what it looks like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you recommend I go to emergency doctors today ?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes this looks like cellulitis --a bacterial infection --should be treated promptly.You should go to the emergency room.Best wishes