Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have had a c section in July 2014 my scar healed up well

I have had a c section in July 2014 my scar healed up well and there was no infection but over the last week I have started to notice that the numbness I had from this operation has started to spread. I am now numb about 4 inches above my scar line and cannot feel anything in that area. Is this normal?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question.I see that you requested a phone call.Phone call on this website is a premium service.I would request you to accept the phone call offer and give you number in the secure box that will appear so that I can call you to discuss your situation.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Unable to make the phone call. Can you please just write a response here now. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your response.It is a very common phenomenon for women who have a c-section to experience that their scar site is numb and has no feeling. This is very common and normal. The numbness can be caused by the after effects of the epidural/spinal and also by nerve damage from where the belly was cut.I would not worry whatsoever and this is not indicative of anything serious.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end at the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That is fine and I know this what I am concerned about is the numbness is now spreading I used to have no feeling about half an inch above and below the scar however it is now numb about 3 and a half inches above the scar site
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
I would recommend that you should take vitamin B12 supplements to possibly help you with your symptoms.Other than that there is nothing else that can be done to help improve the numbness unfortunately.This session is open for any further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine