Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Lymph node in groin.was found to be enlarged after hip replacement

Customer Question

Lymph node in groin.was found to be enlarged after hip replacement surgery Was found as I had an ultra sound for suspected blood clot,,which was negative size is AP 0.7cm...ML 1.9cm am worried age 69
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. It is very common for enlarged lymph nodes to develop in the groin, and a lymph node that is 0.7 cm by 1.9 cm is not worrisome. The ultrasound also can detect some of the internal structure of the lymph node. You do not describe any other comment about the lymph node, so I presume that the appearance of the structure of the lymph node was normal or that there was no comment upon the structure, which would indicate that there was no abnormal appearance of the internal structure. So, if the lymph node was 0.7 cm by 1.9 cm and the internal structure was normal in appearance, this is not worrisome. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance. If you would like my assistance with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/