DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

IF A PERSON IS TAKING PENTOBARBITAL NEMBUTAL THE QUESTION IS

IF A PERSON IS TAKING PENTOBARBITAL NEMBUTAL THE QUESTION IS WHETHER OR NOT THE BLOOD TOXICOLOGY WILL DETECT THE METABOLITES CAN YOU LET ME KNOW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloIf they test for these, yes, toxicology will detect them.You need to give me more details about the situation however.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the question is how long after death will a toxicology test be able to detect them will a toxicology test be inconclusive if the body is not found after several weeks or is there some period of time from death to discovery where the toxicolology test will not be able to detect pentobarbital after death that's the question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive just send more details to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I get a full answer to my drug question I will rate and pay you a bouns
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
If the person died from an overdose, and this is suspected, they can check tissue for breakdown products.They would specifically look for this if they new a history of use of the drug.They would be able to detect traces after several weeks by looking at liver tissue, for example. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would you be able say an exact time frame when the toxicology test will not show if a person died of an pentobarbital overdose say three weeks or four weeks when the test would not show I can rate and give a bouns if I get an answer kind regards
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Until the tissues are deteriorated. So if the body were being cared for in the morgue, no way to say.If there is no intact tissue, then they could not test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so please please tell me how long for the tissue to be deteriorated inside a house temperature greater than 22 degres c how long would it take how many days would have to pass I can send a bouns if I have an answer 20 days 30 days or more than I can rate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how many days would have to pass so theres no way of knowing a person died of an pentobarbital overdose in a house at room temperature greater than 12 degrees cel how many days
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
noNot very likely with an unattended dead body.Liver would be the only option, and it is likely to be too deteriorated. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.