Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Last 2 days, after going the toilet, there has

Customer Question

For the last 2 days, after going for to the toilet, there has been some red markings in the toilet paper (presumably blood). There's quite a lot on the first piece, but nothing after at all. The colour is hard to describe but it's not particularly light or dark.
Other than that, nothing has changed - not my diet or amount of times I go to the toilet. Also, I can see no blood on my stool.
Should I be worried / go visit my doctor?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is short term occurrence.No blood mixed with the stool.Such blood on the toilet paper i commonly seen with hemorrhoids.Internal hemorrhoid will not be seen from outside and often painless.Nothing serious.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank youIf it is internal haemorrhoids, what should I do? Anything to help them?Also at what point do I go to my doctor? For example if it continues for a certain amount of time?Thanks again
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
That will subside by itself.High fiber diet, fluids are helpful.Also Sitz bath daily may help by improving blood flow.You should see doctor if stool comes with mixed blood lasting more than a week, any change in bowel movement.These symptoms will suggest inflammatory bowel disease.