Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have been taking Brintellix 25mg/ day than 6 months,

Customer Question

I have been taking Brintellix 25mg/ day for more than 6 months, and my GP advised me to decrease the dosage to 20mg/day. I started the new dosage for 3 days, and I have become unmotivated, have had unstable emotion and difficulty in concentration since then. My next appointment with my GP is 5 days later. In the time between, should I keep having 20mg, or should I return to 25mg?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.These are typical withdrawal symptoms from lowering Brintellix dose.You may remain on 20 mg daily if you are planning to discontinue this medication.Symptoms will tend to improve gradually over time.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your reply Dr Basu. I'm a uni student, and these so-called withdrawal symptoms are quite disturbing at the moment, as I can't study. How can I know whether these are withdrawal symptoms, but not the indicators showing that this dosage isn't enough for me?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Usually withdrawal symptoms tend to improve within a week or so.If not, then dose should be increased.Best wishes