Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Had serve pain in my back incontinet of urine and feaces MRI

Had serve pain in my back incontinet of urine and feaces MRI aventually disc generation present at L5/S1 prolapse impinging ink both on the thecal sac and the L5 nerve root in the lateral recess
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question.If the bulging disc is the cause of your symptoms you would require emergency surgery.Has that been considered?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Feel like my symptoms have been ignored,just been commenced on gabapentin
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.
Have you been seen by a neurosurgeon?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.
If you have your MRI report with you, can you attach it on here?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.
As far as my knowledge is concerned, if you have urine or fecal incontinence with severe backache and bulging discs, this usually means you are having what is called as cauda equina syndrome which is a neurosurgical emergency as far as I am concerned.You must be seen ASAP and operated if this is the diagnosis that was made or considered and if this diagnosis is not made or has not been considered then it should seriously be considered.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No had dreadfully expierence at A&E feel like not being taken seriously how do I attach my report on to you
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.
If you are using a laptop just click on the paperclip icon in the toolbar to attach images here.If you are having problems accept the premium offer whereby I will share my personal email and phone number with you and you can send those on my email and then we can talk over the phone as well.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My report said disc prolapse ar L5/S1 impinginging both on the the cal sac and the left L5 root in the lateral recess the mcasr team said the radiologist didn't think this would affect my bladder and bowel fuction
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.
Then what have they determined to be the cause of your problem?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Didn't give me any answers I'm distressed with the incontience GP said it was my IBS I'm a midwive and it's very difficult when my body says I need the toilet I am already either passing urine or passing stools! They said the disc that it pressing on the nerve would not be caudaequina
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.
I think that you should be referred to a neurosurgeon.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.
I do not think that a GP or a radiologist is in the position to help you with your concerns as a neurosurgeon would.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will talk to my g. The gapapentin has helped with the pain but I Carnt cope with the incontience side of things thankyou for your recommendations
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.
You are most welcome.Good to know gabapentin has helped some.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine