Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am a post menopausal 56 year old woman . I had my merina

Customer Question

Hi I am a post menopausal 56 year old woman . I had my merina coil removed in Jan '14 and haven't had a period since . Prior to the coil being removed I had the very occasional very light 'show' . At the time of having my marina coil removed in Jan 15 I had an ultra sound of all of that area and all was fine and healthy. Over the last month I have experienced the clear stretchy discharge that I would normally have experienced when I was ovulating - it is 'stretchy' and clear and interestingly my boobs are also quite sensitive and tender , very similar to the sensations I experienced when having periods.
A couple of weeks ago I also had thrush like symptoms - milky type discharge ( odourless) not heavy - I took over one week 2 canes tan treatments and it's ok - noticing just a very small amount of whiteness in knickers ( watery )
Is this all normal ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.It is very normal to not have a period after removal of mirena in a postmenopausal lady.Whiteness in the knickers is not normal and may indicate a yeast infection in your vagina leading to it.I would recommend using OTC canesten vaginal cream to help with that. This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards