Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Last year ( Jan 15 ) I had my Merina coil removed and have

Customer Question

Last year ( Jan 15 ) I had my Merina coil removed and have not had a period since . Prior to that I had experienced the occasional extremely light 'show ' . At the time of removal I had my 'reproductive ' region ultra sounded and all was healthy and normal.
Over the last few weeks I have been experiencing the clear stretchy discharge that I used to have when ovulation and interestingly my boobs are tender and sensitive like they used to be when having a menstrual cycle.
Also I have experienced a light , odourless light discharge - have taken a couple of canes tan pesseries as think it might have been thrush. Am still getting a small amount of white ( watery ) staining in my knickers .
Can you advise - I am 56 years old
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionThis could be bacterial vaginosis.This is commonIt is a disruption in normal bacterial flora of the vagina.Ask your doctor to test for thisit can be treated with oral antibioticslet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate itIf you have more questions, just reply