Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

My daughter has reflux. The anti reflux formula has

Customer Question

Hello, my daughter has reflux. The anti reflux formula has not made any difference. She has had reflux since birth but it is not getting any better (she is now 4 months old) if anything it is a bit worse that at the beginning. I keep her in a upright position for 30 minutes after her feed.
It doesnt happen all the time, I have been trying to pin point what makes it happen and I now think it is when she is moving about because if we stay at home and dont move her it seems to settle down.
She is quite a happy baby, the spitting up and vomiting does not bother her and she is putting on weight. She also likes to drink her milk quite fast even if i pull the bottle away from her during a feed to bring up her wind.
The spitting up and vomiting can occur 2 hours after she has finished her bottle.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am glad you found out she does better if she isn't move about after feedings.that is good she is gaining weight and is happy.reflux is very common in infants.her GE junction muscle sphincter has not developed strong enoughit will take a few more months for her muscles to develop and get stronger in her abdomenthis will help stop her reflux as she gets older.I'm sure you are bring her for baby well checks, correct?