DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My mum had a stroke 2 years ago. Three months into her recovery

My mum had a stroke 2 years ago. Three months into her recovery she started having problems with feeling dizzy only when walking. No problems sitting down. It makes her very depressed as she doesn't get out now. She hasn't had another stroke it was confirmed. Who should he see to help her and do you know what it might be?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome.Dizziness is quite common symptom after stroke and during recovery period specially stroke involving brain stem. Most efficacious treatment in this regard is physical therapy, it helps patient build up muscle tone as well as in maintaining balance along with improving muscle weakness. I would suggest you to take your mom to physiotherapist as this would benefit her and you can get help from psychiatrist as well to keep her morale up as depression is common after stroke.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Wish you good health.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiShe needs be working with a neurologist, to answer your exact question.There are many reasons this can happen, and she might need a brain stabilizing medication.The type of physical therapy should be ordered by a neurologist, orshe should be referred to an MD specialist in physical medicine, for balance training. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanksSave time in medical, find Dr. thomas by requestI am here daily for accurate, fast and safe answers I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.