Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had a great deal of trouble passing a ever hard and impacted

I had a great deal of trouble passing a ever hard and impacted stool. Since then I have noticed blood when I wipe my vagina after passing urine, can you advise please?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.This could be a tear in the mucosa of the anal verge and due to its close proximity with the vagina, the blood could appear to be coming from the vagina.However, if this is vaginal bleeding then this needs to be examined since vaginal mucosa seldom gets torn due to passing hard feces. There are other causes like a yeast infection as an isolated event, sensitive cervix which can have a tear due to straining etc.If the bleeding is not stopping or you notice it every time you wipe, then you should get this seen in the Urgent Care or the ER.If it has stopped, then you should avoid straining hard again, for that you should start on a stool softner and psyllium husk (metamucil), drink plenty of water and a high fiber diet.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. There is no pain though, would that be right if there was a tear or would it be stinging when passingvwater?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is correct, pain is a frequent accompaniment of mucosa tears in the anal verge, however, cervical tears can be without pain.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloWhat is your age?This has nothing to do with tearing the anus, unless you see blood there.Blood after wiping your vagina can be vaginal or urinary.Each has it's won differential.Vaginal: infection, lesion in the vagina, cervical lesion, spotting, etc.Urinary, bladder lesion, infection, etc.Let me know more information and we can be more specific. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is what I have also mentioned. Thank you Dr Thomas.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.