Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I came up in a pin purple rash yesterday which

I came up in a pin prick purple rash yesterday which covered my neck and eyelids, a doctor saw me and claimed it was an allergy with piriton and 6x steroids it would be gone by today however ive had a chronic headache all day, hot and cold sweats and the rash has spread to chest, forehead and partially my right arm?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Unlikely allergy related since steroid did not work.This is likely a viral infection.It can be measles based on your description.You can upload a pic here also.Measles may take about a week or so to clear up by itself.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer, the image is of yesterday when i first noticed, its the same style of rash but now on forehead, chest and arm
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
It does look like measles or another viral infection.You should avoid contacts with other people as it can be contagious for first week. Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to get measles even though i have had my MMR jabs? Im a palliative health carer and have been at work for 12 hours today, should i be concerned for their welfare?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes possible still.It is better to takes days off till the rash clears up to avoid any contagion.Best wishes