Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Be told I have bipolar spectrum disorder what is it is it a

be told I have bipolar spectrum disorder what is it is it a real illness
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, this is a real illness.not all patients who have bipolar disorder are the samebipolar spectrum is a term used to refer to conditions that include not only bipolar disorder as traditionally defined but also other types of mental conditions that can involve depression or mood swings without manic or hypomanic episodes. let me know if you have other questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have personality disorder ptsd is this the reason for the dianonse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and antidepressants put me on a high why is this
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it could be part of the reason for the diagnosis.I'm not sure why antidepressants put you on a high.which ones have you tried.perhaps you need a mood stabilizer or an antipsychotic medication instead of an antidepressant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive been advised not to take antidepreesants on their own due to giving me a hypo if taken have to have mood stabilizer why is this
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure why.this could be how your brain works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they said it because I have bipolar spectrum not sure what they mean don't see how having bd would affect me on antidepressants they said take 1 antidepressant with a mood tablet that should even it out why
very confused
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
mood stabilizers help stabilize moods to keep you from having too much depression or having too much high or manic feelings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
makes sense is bipolar spectrum a mix between all the bipolars and how serious is it thanks so for all the questions
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
bipolar spectrum is similar to bipolar disorder but not as severe.every patient is different. we don't say one case is more serious than another.please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why is it 36 thought it was 11 to pay thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trying to rate it cant find it
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you have to contact customer service regarding cost of questions and payment.you don't see the ratings area? above or below the chat box?