Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Hallo I need advice...I know somebody who got probably infected

Customer Question

Hallo I need advice...I know somebody who got probably infected eczema and started on the knee( he cut the knee and after 2 days on the knee appear the red itchy rash) he got antibiotic Flucloxacillin and cream DiproSone but it is now 4 day after taking antibiotics and on his hand appear some red itchy dots and on his chest...but he never mentioned to doctor (he was ashamed) that he took 4 times testosterone prolongation jelfa...the last injection he took when he has the rash on knee but the place become red and is burning...Please tell me what to do...
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This sounds like allergic reaction to testosterone jelfa.He will benefit from a potent steroid therapy.Oral steroids like prednisone can be used, but requires prescription.Diprosone is a topical steroid and can be continued twice daily as an alternative.But may take at least a week to subside.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...But he got that cream for he's knee and he never shown his bottom where he injected himself...can he use that cream for his bottom? Thank you
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes he can use the cream on his bottom as well.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But Do You think there is connection between his knee infection to his last injection...he think that the needle didn't reach the muscle and now he has big red area...Thank you
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes likely --infection may have been introduced that way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir if he is taking the antibiotic and if he will carry on using that cream will help him because he is worry that this is beginning of appearing abscess...
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
If he feels the area is firm and painful, then he should not apply the cream there.In that case, he should go to the local hospital to drain the abscess.An abscess if formed will not respond to the antibiotic.That needs to be drained.Best wishes