Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had some shrimp And I'm now itchy, and a bit

I had some shrimp for dinner
And I'm now itchy, and a bit hard to breath!
Can I take some fexofenadine hydrochloride?
That is what I got now
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, take a fexofenadineand get to the ERyou are most likely have an anaphylatic allergic reaction to the iodine in the shrimp.you need to go to the ER right away to be monitored for your allergic reaction.they can give you steroids and monitor your airway to make sure your throat and airway don't close upyou will eventually need to see an allergy doctor and get an epi pen in the future in case you get this bad again.you have to call up 911 now to get an ambulance to take you to the ER right now.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or is there any medicine I can get from tesco?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
this is Dr. Davidyou can take 50mg of diphenhyramine (which is Benadryl)but you still need to go to the hosptial or A&E accident and emergency departmentto see a doctor therehard to breath is a serious issue.do you have a hospital close to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes right across street, Newcastle RVI
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
good.go there right nowtell them you are having difficulty breathing and you ate some shrimpask them if you need a steroid shotget a follow up appointment with your GP doctorhave your medical records documented for seafood or shrimp allergyask if you need to have an epinephrine pen on hand in case you get exposed to shrimp or iodine again, you can give yourself an epi shot to reverse allergy closing up your throat.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com