Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have suffered with irregular heartbeats time

Hi I have suffered with irregular heartbeats for some time now, and I've noticed it can happen randomly or when I have a power nap and wakeup, or even if I wakeup before time the latter does not always happen. I don't take any medication or anything.
Also suffer with headaches and weird pains in my head like a blood vessel is going to pop, I get some slight pressure or pains in my temple area above my ear round that sort of region I don't no if all this could be linked in anyway, I am worried of a anurhsym or something similar.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Do you have any other medical problems?How much, if any, caffeinated beverages do you take?Have you been seen for this? Any tests like ECG done?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I don't really drink caffinated drinks only tea on some mornings, I have had ECGs in the past but it's hard to pick up as its random. I suffer with headaches and weird head pains, my blood pressure is borderline they say but don't do anything about it
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for being a little late. I will respond in a moment. I am typing your response now.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Just one last thing. Are you a laid-back person or a person who gets anxious easily?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a laid back person very rarely get anxious only if I'm going to do something I like
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My resting heart rate is generally hight
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all the information.Irregular heartbeats off an hour are usually not something to worry about and can happen without any known cause.However there are a few things that I would like that you should have done:Thyroid hormone tests --- elevated levels can cause one to have irregular heartbeat.Electrolyte levels --- altered levels of potassium, calcium, magnesium can affect the heart rate and rhythm.Heart rhythm problems --- problems with the heart rhythm can be identified with further testing i.e. holter monitor test or an event monitor test which is what I would recommend. With these tests your heart rate is monitored for a period of 24 hours or more and events are recorded i.e. missed beats or PVCs. Usually there is no known cause of such a problem. If the missed beats are frequent and no cause if found then a medication i.e. beta blockers can be given to slow down the heart which will also help with the missed beats as well.This session is open for any further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer I maybe getting an loop recorder fitted inside my chest but I wanted a second opinion in regards ***** ***** symptoms, what do you think is causing n the pains in me head they are random also but sometimes occurs when I stand up from bending down I get a pulsating pain
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Getting headaches from standing up from a lying or a sitting position is something that happens when your body is not able to regular blood pressure and the blood pressure drops when you stand up suddenly.You should keep yourself well hydrated by drinking sports drinks like pedialyte or gatorade.This session is open for any further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So does this mean my body is not regulating my blood pressure properly some reason and what could I do to stop this issue.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You can try and keep yourself well-hydrated, which is the first step.If your symptoms are severe you would need further testing with a test called as tilt-table test.I would appreciate a rating before we proceed.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh right I have heard of this I will speak to my doctor in regards ***** ***** to see if I could have this done, thanks for all your help Dr
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.Wish you all the best.Please do follow up with me on this.Take careGoodbye :)