Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Could you please stop my worry and help me? After

Could you please stop my worry and help me? After having a bowel movement my stool seems to have a cloud ot haze around them it looks lke a brown cloud but the closer to the stool it gets darker and the stool looks lime it changes colour is it normal? I went to the doctors but they just looked at me as though I'm going mad but its driving me crazy.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.It can be normal depending on your diet.If you are eating lot of green vegetables that has iron in it.That can make your stool darker.Stool occult blood test can be done by your doctor --a simple test to rule out any blood in stool.Do not worry.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am trying to lose weight so i am eating more fruit and cutting down on all fatty foods. The stools themselves look normal light brown in colour and look perfectly normal just after 10-15 min they seem to leak a brown cloud other then that cloud they look fine, i just wanted to know if "leakage" is normal? Would blood leak out of stools and sit like a haze once in water?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
This is normal pigmentation not related to blood.No blood will be mixed with stool and will cause whole dark stool as a result. Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So the blood will be on or in the stool and wouldn't leak out later?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
That is correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats great, thanks you very much for your help Doc, much appreciated.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome