Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a 3 yr old who has had a gestrtritas bug since Wednesday

I have a 3 yr old who has had a gestrtritas bug since Wednesday he is sick no matter what he drinks he's not realy eaten anything
His stools are water and a yellow look to it
He is very laffargec and he's last wee was at 4 this morning
We went to the hospital last night with him and they told us just to keep a eye on him
Does this all sound normal
Thankyou
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you please let me know how many episodes of watery stool is he having in a 24 hour period?Does he also have vomiting?Is he eating or drinking anything? How is his appetite?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stools propley about 4 times
Vomiting everytime he drinks something
Not eating
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I think that since he is vomiting so much he must be seen in the emergency again.He WOULD most likely require intravenous fluids as there is very high risk of dehydration in his case.I would STRONGLY recommend that you take him to the emergency again and if he is dehydrated or lethargic you should insist on intravenous fluid therapy and to also give him something to help with his vomiting. This session is open for any further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We went last nite and they sent us home said it's normal with what hes got and he could be sick for upto a week
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You should go back again and let them know that he is vomiting and getting dehydrated.I think he needs to be seen again.This session is open for any further questions that you may have.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thankyou he is asleep at the min I will wait till he wakes up then go from there
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.I would appreciate it if you rate me as I am only credited by the website when you rate me.Thank you